Relaxed cooking for tasty holiday eating
I'm putting up a handful of easy and very tasty recipes for summer holiday eating... share and enjoy!
Satay tofu sticks
This was unbelievably quick and easy to make - hence it's including here for holiday eating - and so tasty... is a very good time.
- 400gm or so of firm tofu - two blocks
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 c peanut butter - chunky or smooth as you choose
- 1 tsp sriracha sauce
- Slice each block of tofu into 4 strips and run a skewer through each one carefully lengthways.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together thoroughly, and then coat the tofu on all sides with this mixture and return to a plate to soak up flavour.
- Put together any accompanying food now - Asparagus? Rice? Other Veg?
- Heat a grill pan or a barbeque or an oven grill, then grill the tofu until golden (and a little charred) on all sides.
- Serve with any remaining marinade as a sauce. Done and done!
Adapted from Halfplanetpreserve.com